Tuesday, December 24, 2013

El, Flo & the gang wishing you a Merry Christmas, 1945!

El as Father Christmas, probably during his tenure at 
Paramount during the late 20's.

We have reached that time of the year where everyone should be spreading holiday cheer, so let's go back to Xmas time 1945 and hear a home recording made by El and his wife Flo with some friends, shall we? The record starts off with El (speaking in his REAL voice!) and Flo (who sounds like she's a couple of drinks in) kicking it off with some real saucy talk. Guests Will & Gladys Ahern (the famous dancing team who were great friends of El & Flo) are up next and they keep the risque talk going. From there, a whole bunch of party-goers line up to have their turn, with El and Flo joining in at various times. Enjoy!



From the bottom of my heart, I wish all the readers of "Give Me The Good Old Days!" a very merry and joyous holiday season and best wishes for an outstanding 2014! Thanks for reading and staying in tune, even though my posts have been sporadic for a while.  All the best, Louie


2 comments:

Chris Hewson said...

Holy crap, El's real voice!

I was wondering if you could lend a hand with a review I'm working on. It's for some El Brendel short films, and I'm wondering if you could explain why you're such a fan of him, as an opening quote for this post.

Louie said...

Chris,
You can contact me by email by going to the "About me" section at the top right of the home page and clicking the "View my complete profile" button and hitting "email me" on the left hand side. Send me an email asking me what you are looking for and I would be happy to help you out!