Thursday, November 13, 2008

Glenda Farrell

Glenda Farrell is another of those Warner Brothers/First National/Vitaphone stars that I have loved since my early days of watching films. The quick talking, street smart characters she played in films like "Havana Widows" and "I've Got Your Number" solidified a place in my pre-code heart for all time.

Not a lot of films that she appeared in are available on the home video market but check out the schedule on our BELOVED Turner Classic Movies as they frequently play the films she appeared in.



Lifelong friends, Joan Blondell and Glenda Farrell out and about and looking very glamorous at an event in the early 30's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I,too, have been a Glenda Farrell fan since I saw my first Torchy Blane. She was Torchy and far too smart for Steve. She was also fabulous in deep drama